BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I just noticed that the "internal" preview of an attached csv file uses some kind of Excel-like display. For our purposes here, this is counter-productive. Please use a simple text display instead.

We are always preaching that people shall not inspect csv files with Excel, and then the website commits exactly that mistake!

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I understand your point @Kurt_Bremser -- but I don't believe we can change this (and this has been the behavior for years).  The communities software hooks into this lightbox "previewer" for common file types based on file extension/mime type and renders in the way most people would expect. GitHub has a similar behavior.  You can always get the "raw" data by downloading.  Maybe there is a way to make that more obvious in the style -- we can look into that.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

But the Github viewer gives you RAW link.  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/datapackage-examples/sample-csv/master/sample.csv Does lightbox have a similar raw link? Can sascommunities control what options are sent to lightbox for different file types?

PS Any progress on getting .sas files registered as a plain text documents for lightbox viewing?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation