BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I just noticed that the "internal" preview of an attached csv file uses some kind of Excel-like display. For our purposes here, this is counter-productive. Please use a simple text display instead.

We are always preaching that people shall not inspect csv files with Excel, and then the website commits exactly that mistake!

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I understand your point @Kurt_Bremser -- but I don't believe we can change this (and this has been the behavior for years).  The communities software hooks into this lightbox "previewer" for common file types based on file extension/mime type and renders in the way most people would expect. GitHub has a similar behavior.  You can always get the "raw" data by downloading.  Maybe there is a way to make that more obvious in the style -- we can look into that.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

But the Github viewer gives you RAW link.  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/datapackage-examples/sample-csv/master/sample.csv Does lightbox have a similar raw link? Can sascommunities control what options are sent to lightbox for different file types?

PS Any progress on getting .sas files registered as a plain text documents for lightbox viewing?