BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Example: there are over 30 replies in this thread. To get to the unread replies (which are on page 3 of the thread) I have to click on the thread, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of page 1, click on page 3, and then scroll down checking each reply to see if I have read it, and then eventually I get to the ones I want to read. I believe the problem is even worse if there are 4 or more pages in the thread, when you scroll down to the bottom of page 1, you can only jump to page 3 and not page 4 (but I can't find an example of such a long thread).

Is there a way — or can you create a way, as there are in other non-SAS forum web sites — to go directly to the last unread reply preferably, or the last reply as my second preference, in one click?

--
Paige Miller
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Try now - I've made a change that might help.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

You have some control over this in your Preferences.  There are pros/cons to the different options for "Linear format: sorting", but you can play with these to find what works for you.

ChrisHemedinger_0-1611065304691.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Checking my preferences, apparently "Jump to first unread post in a topic" has been checked, and I have never noticed this happening in long threads. In fact I would say I am 100% certain this is not happening.

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@PaigeMiller Are you navigating to these topics via the All Recent Topics list?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, that's the only way I have been using the SAS Communities web site.

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Try now - I've made a change that might help.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

So I clicked the link on this thread, and expected behavior, jump to first unread message, happened!! Thanks!

--
Paige Miller

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation