BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Dear community managers,

These days I came across two old posts of mine both of which had contained a screenshot. But instead of the original images only a big red "X" is shown, indicating that the .png files are not found (in paths like https://communities.sas.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2670iCFCF31E50C503414/image-size/original?v...).

Here is an example: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Get-SAS-to-avoid-jumping-to-the-results-viewer-when-i.... Note that images included by other users in the same thread are displayed normally.

I suspect this has to do with the fact that I deleted some images from my user profile -- without being aware that this might have an impact on the appearance of old posts.

Is this the case, i.e., is my user profile the source where those images must reside in order to be displayed properly?

If so, would it help to upload those screenshots again into my user profile (if I can find them on my computer)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Sorry for the delay in responding, @FreelanceReinh. Wanted to confirm before writing back.

Yes, you'll need to edit the post(s) and reattach the images. Just adding them back into your profile won't do it because each image has a unique ID.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shelley 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Sorry for the delay in responding, @FreelanceReinh. Wanted to confirm before writing back.

Yes, you'll need to edit the post(s) and reattach the images. Just adding them back into your profile won't do it because each image has a unique ID.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shelley 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Thank you, Shelley, for letting me know. I'm not sure if this important information can be found on the "Getting started" pages.

I can't edit the example post because it's already locked and the same might be true for some of the other affected posts (which would not be easy to find anyway).

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Edit: You can try editing your reply now, if you have access to the images. There is a limited time period for editing posts, and you may have passed that as this is an older thread.

I'm looking to see if there's a way I can unlock this post. Will let you know if I'm successful.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

It worked! Now the original screenshot is visible again. Thanks a lot for unlocking the post and sorry for the inconvenience.

I will now look through my local image files and try to find the corresponding posts. I think only a few more posts are affected, some of which may not have been locked yet.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

If you run across anymore that are locked, let me know. Will take care of it for you.

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Great. I think we're almost done: I found six more posts where an image was missing. Three of them weren't locked. I was able to repair these by uploading all images in one go into my user profile and then editing the posts by simply replacing the image IDs in the HTML code.

The remaining three posts are:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Lag-function-help/m-p/253530#M48267
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/Interval-estimation-for-binomial-proportion-Wilson-in...
https://communities.sas.com/t5/Community-Matters/where-I-can-find-my-old-posts/m-p/233904#M1194

Could you please unlock these?

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Great! I've unlocked those other three posts.

Thanks for being so diligent, @FreelanceReinh.

best,

Shelley

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

I've repaired all three. Again, thank you very much for your support and sorry for the inconvenience.

Maybe it would help if the confirmation prompt "Are you sure you want to delete this image?" mentioned that deleting an image damages your own posts which contain this image.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

No inconvenience at all! It was a fun learning opportunity.

Good idea about the flag/reminder before deleting an image. I'll see if something like that can be implemented.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation