BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Bahr
Calcite | Level 5

The institution where I work is going to discontinue SAS. SAS Viya is not an option because I have very large datasets that I continue to use, but infrequently, which would be very expensive. Does anyone know if there is some agency that someone can join, to have access to SAS 9.4 through them? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There's SODA - SAS On-Demand for Academics. However I don't think that will handle very large datasets. I would be best to contact your nearest SAS office for further options.

Bahr
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks, I'll check that out.
Quentin
Super User

Just curious, are you talking about PC SAS (Display Manager), or SAS 9 on a server?

I would think (hope) for PC SAS, the academic pricing would be cheap enough for a University that they would keep it.  But I guess for a a server between the licensing costs and people to manage the server, the cost may be notice-able.

In any case, if you work as part of a group for an institution / team that has given up on SAS, you should probably think twice about whether you want to the only person left using SAS, and whether it's sustainable.

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out recordings of our past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Save the date for our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18 in Cambridge, MA. Registration opens in September.
Bahr
Calcite | Level 5
PC-SAS. I do use Mplus and other programs, but SAS is the only program I
know of that can do multi-nested full macros, which is very useful for
exploratory analyses.

Thanks.
ballardw
Super User

How large is "very large"?

Bahr
Calcite | Level 5
one project has a total of 17 GB of SAS datasets.
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi@Bahr 

If you can prove you are a Student, then SAS® VIYA® FOR LEARNERS might be the rout you take

There is always SAS® OnDemand for Academics, but you are restricted to maximum of 5 GB of storage.

Hope this help

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation