BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I don't know why this happens for some folks, sometimes.  I'd love to know how you're coming across this so we can address it. 

But try to navigate to a specific board first, then click to post a topic.  For example, the New Users board.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 25. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
PadmaroopaK
Fluorite | Level 6
I don't understand it either. When I am reading through some post, I click on the side link that says "Need further help from the community ? Please ask a new question." -- This opens up a new message page but it does not have the option to select the board.

However, I was able to select the link you sent for the new users board and post my question there. But, I am not sure if that is the right place for my question.

Thanks for your immediate help! Appreciate it.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@PadmaroopaK Thank you! That information helps tremendously.  Now I see the issue.

If you don't have a SAS profile or you're not signed in, that link to "post a new question" takes you to the registration/sign-in experience. Once signed in you're redirected to the "new post" page, but the context (which board you're posting to) has been lost.

Now I can take some steps to address this!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 25. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
anubhav85verma
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Shelly,

I am facing the same issue. Unable to post a new question.

I am getting the same error "Please select a board to continue" but I do not know how to select it.

Can you please help.

GKJohn
Fluorite | Level 6

how was this solved?  I have the same  problem.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I see that you were able to post your questions, @GKJohn and @anubhav85verma

If you should have this problem again, please let us know the path you took (pages viewed) before encountering the issue. It rarely happens, and the team cannot replicate the issue. 

Thanks,

Shelley