BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
satya7777
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear All,

We have installed SAS Viya Quick start on Azure. Installation was successful. After the installation we are not able to find the links to access the SAS Viya applications (Links shown in the screen print (SAS Azure.PNG) ). We have followed the instructions as shown in the below link 

https://github.com/Azure/azure-quickstart-templates/tree/master/sas-viya/#Usage

Please note we have skipped the Optional Post-Deployment steps.

I could see three Virtual Machines after the installation.

Could you please let me know where/how can I access SAS Viya Applications on Azure?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chlync
SAS Employee

I would expect the location to be in the outputs for the primary deployment. The outputs for azure are a bit hidden by the Portal Design. The primary deployment will likely either be called "azuredeploy" (if done by command line) or "Microsoft.Template" (if done by Portal GUI). You can find this by going to the resource group page in the azure portal that the deployment was made into and selecting the deployments tab (the primary deployment is at the bottom circled in the hard to read blue in this image):
ResourceGroupDeployments.PNG

Once here, click on the primary deployment and it will take you to details about the deployment. Then on the left panel is a tab called outputs, and that should show the links associated with the SASStudio and SASDrive:
DeploymentOutputs.PNG

If neither of these URLs is working, then it might be an issue with the firewall for the application gateway. In that case, I would check that the security group "PrimaryViyaLoadbalancer_NetworkSecurityGroup" has an opening for port 443 and your ip address range.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@satya7777 ,

I'm wondering, what you see in the Outputs?

satya7777
Fluorite | Level 6

In the SAS Viya Azure Quick start, I could see some location to access the SAS Viya applications (Under the Usage section). Please find the same in the attached screen print.

https://github.com/Azure/azure-quickstart-templates/blob/master/sas-viya/README.md

But I am not able to find this location to access  SAS Viya applications.

chlync
SAS Employee

I would expect the location to be in the outputs for the primary deployment. The outputs for azure are a bit hidden by the Portal Design. The primary deployment will likely either be called "azuredeploy" (if done by command line) or "Microsoft.Template" (if done by Portal GUI). You can find this by going to the resource group page in the azure portal that the deployment was made into and selecting the deployments tab (the primary deployment is at the bottom circled in the hard to read blue in this image):
ResourceGroupDeployments.PNG

Once here, click on the primary deployment and it will take you to details about the deployment. Then on the left panel is a tab called outputs, and that should show the links associated with the SASStudio and SASDrive:
DeploymentOutputs.PNG

If neither of these URLs is working, then it might be an issue with the firewall for the application gateway. In that case, I would check that the security group "PrimaryViyaLoadbalancer_NetworkSecurityGroup" has an opening for port 443 and your ip address range.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation