BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

Dear All,

I need to change the password for CASEMGMT user, I do the following steps:

1 – I changed the password for MS SQL server

2- I changed the ODBC for the user CASEMGMT with the new password

3- I used the SAS deployment wizard to change the password and it finished successfully.

But when I try to log in to the ECM the error appears “HTTP status 500 - could not open JDBC connection for transaction” as the below 

UpdatePassword.png

Could you please give me your advice.

3 REPLIES 3
dpage
SAS Employee

Was there a restart of the the webappserver in that process after running the SDM? 

If there was,I'd check the WebpAppServer/SASServer8_1/logs/server.log and see if it has any more details about what is failing. You can also try putting the new unencrypted password directly in conf/catalina.properties (should be a pw.sas.jdbc.casemgmt or ecm or something like that) so you're sure the correct password is being used - if that solves the problem I would open a tech support track to try and understand exactly why the SDM update isn't working like it should. 

You might also try checking the SQL Server logs to confirm it's an invalid user/password error and something else (is the new password auto expired or something...)

SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you a lot @dpage after I but the new password in conf/catalina.properties file the ECM work fine. but it is not logic to put the unencrypted password it appears to any one if open this file. so please if there any way to encrypt it.

dpage
SAS Employee

I wasn't suggesting leaving it that way, just confirming the problem was a stale password entry. I'd open a track and provide the casemgmtmid_updatePassword*.log, hopefully a resolution can be found that way.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation