BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

we have grid 9.4 environment with arround more than 10 servers/nodes + many different applications and wanted to get server inventory - can someone please tell what is best method or practice to get all details? any sas tool to use?

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @woo,

the inventory question is a bit generic to me. What items do you want reported in the inventory? Servers? Services? Metadata objects? There are many kind of items that I can imagine that can be reported.

Some examples:

- APM/ACM included in EMI (Extended Monitoring for the SAS environment manager), provide many stored process that are capable of creating an inventory of some of the items on your deployment.

- Metacoda: excellent tool to create an inventory/report of your metadata and its authorizations.

- Nodes/resources: if you got grid, LSF/GRID should be able to report you also its compute tier resources (lshosts, bhosts, etc).

- Other 3rd party tools can help you to report/inventory other items, such as your network settings, hardware.

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks Juan, infect trying to get servers and services details as inventory...also have EM but still in testing mode so cannot use it in prod yet,,,is there a way we can use OS layer (we have linux redhat) to get all those details? running any specific commands or existing scripts,,,
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Well, that is another bit of general question. For Linux commands I recommend you to search in google for something like "Top 10 Linux commands". You will get really good insights.

For SAS, you can always go to each SAS Config folder (LevN) and type ./sas.servers status . This will give you the SAS services.

Also, if you have Grid or Hadoop configurations, you can launch your system commands to all your machines included in that deployment. Commands as hostname >> /my_share/myhosts.txt  can facilitate you to get the lists of your hosts with a single execution of commands.

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks again Juan, you correct - ./sas.servers script would give pretty much idea about SAS services running on server or node. however, any trick to find LSF (lim/res/and all other services for grid environment? OR we have to run individual command to see if its running...Thank you...
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Type ‘ps –ef | grep <LSF_TOP>’ and make sure all daemons are running.
mbatchd and mschd only run on the master machine so they may not show
up.

For the Process Manager, the same: ‘ps –ef | grep <JS_TOP>’ should do the trick 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 in conversation