BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear All,

Is there any portal from where we can download sasviya 9.3 playbook, as we have lisenced for sasviya 9.2.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you don't already have it, ask your SAS account rep to arrange for a new Software Order Email (SOE) for SAS Viya 3.3 to be sent to you. Once you have that SOE, as explained by @alexal, you can use the SAS Orchestration CLI to generate a custom Ansible playbook. You then use that playbook to install the software (it will be downloaded during installation).

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Reeza
Super User

By 'playbook' do you mean documentation or are you looking for a tutorial?

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
I mean the software.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I guess you mean the Ansible playbook?  And SAS Viya 3.3 (not 9.3), right?  

Does this GitHub repo help?

https://github.com/sassoftware/virk

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Sorry, typo mistake. Its sas viya 3.3. Thanks!!
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The SAS Orchestration CLI is a tool that creates a playbook with a set of deployment instructions. It uses the order information attached to your Software Order Email to generate a custom playbook for your software deployment.

https://support.sas.com/en/documentation/install-center/sas-viya/deployment-tools/command-line-inter...

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks Alex! As we are looking to install sas viya 3.3 in our server, Can I get this software download that is customised as per our order, from the link given. Thanks!!
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
I mean the Software download. Thanks!!
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

If you don't already have it, ask your SAS account rep to arrange for a new Software Order Email (SOE) for SAS Viya 3.3 to be sent to you. Once you have that SOE, as explained by @alexal, you can use the SAS Orchestration CLI to generate a custom Ansible playbook. You then use that playbook to install the software (it will be downloaded during installation).

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

In the sas viya 3.3 deployment guide, I can see that the port 17541(SAS/CONNECT spawner Manager) is required to be open which was not there in 3.2. Is this port really needed to be required? For my understanding, what does this port do?

alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

The answer is yes if you intend to use SAS/CONNECT.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Alex, Thanks for the answer.

I have now installed 3.3 and I am still facing the odbc connection issue.as per this link http://support.sas.com/kb/60/486.html
do I have to update the postgres version on server or client?
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

That link is for SAS 9.4. What kind of problem have you experienced with the ODBC connection?

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
ERROR: The connection to the data source driver failed.
ERROR: ERROR: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Driver Manager Message file not found. Please check for the value of InstallDir in your
odbc.ini.
ERROR: Function failed.
ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

And you are trying to connect to ...?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation