BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6

We have a SAS BI platform installed on, let's say, server#1.  When I try to access a SAS library on another server, let's say, server#2, we get the error message:

"User does not have appropriate authorization level for library 'library name'"

User is able to access that directory location locally from the Run command box on server#1.  So, to me it looks like the OS permissions are correct, but when SAS tries to assign a library, from the SAS server as that user, it fails with an authorization error:

It seems like SAS itself does not have the permission to access the data on the other server.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The user may only have read access.  SAS generally asks for write access when allocating libraries.

When I searched for "User does not have appropriate authorization level" on support.sas.com, I found about a dozen different conditions that could cause that error message.  Research them, or call Tech Support.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The user may only have read access.  SAS generally asks for write access when allocating libraries.

When I searched for "User does not have appropriate authorization level" on support.sas.com, I found about a dozen different conditions that could cause that error message.  Research them, or call Tech Support.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

RobbieFreddie
Calcite | Level 5

Do you have the accounts tab under "User Manager" within SAS Management Console correct?  Namely the logins defined for the user having the issues?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Have the user issue a libname statement from within EG (as code) to assign the library which is not working, eg: libname Test 'library path as seen from executing server';

If this works then you know that OS permissions as such are o.k. and you only have to fix up metadata definitions (eg: read for both medadata AND data).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation