BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
chuckSQL
Calcite | Level 5

I w as installing  SAS University Edition with VMware and everything went fine until the very last step, "Click Start SAS Studio"

I clicked on the big orange button and I got the  error message above. So, what is not supported?

My brand new Surface Pro 3 tablet pc?

Windows 8.1?

Internet  Explorer11 ?

Other?

Thanks,

Chuck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chuckSQL
Calcite | Level 5

I got it to work!

Upon further research, I discovered that recent 64-bit Windows operating systems have  come with both a 32-bit and a 64-bit  version of Internet  Explorer. Some websites and programs don't work correctly with the 64-bit version. Further, in Windows 8.1 it is difficult to tell which version is being used in any particular instance.  I suspected (but didn't actually prove)  that this was one of those "bitness" issues. Nonetheless, I downloaded Foxfire and that works perfectly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
chuckSQL
Calcite | Level 5

I got it to work!

Upon further research, I discovered that recent 64-bit Windows operating systems have  come with both a 32-bit and a 64-bit  version of Internet  Explorer. Some websites and programs don't work correctly with the 64-bit version. Further, in Windows 8.1 it is difficult to tell which version is being used in any particular instance.  I suspected (but didn't actually prove)  that this was one of those "bitness" issues. Nonetheless, I downloaded Foxfire and that works perfectly.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation