BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
chuckSQL
Calcite | Level 5

I w as installing  SAS University Edition with VMware and everything went fine until the very last step, "Click Start SAS Studio"

I clicked on the big orange button and I got the  error message above. So, what is not supported?

My brand new Surface Pro 3 tablet pc?

Windows 8.1?

Internet  Explorer11 ?

Other?

Thanks,

Chuck

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chuckSQL
Calcite | Level 5

I got it to work!

Upon further research, I discovered that recent 64-bit Windows operating systems have  come with both a 32-bit and a 64-bit  version of Internet  Explorer. Some websites and programs don't work correctly with the 64-bit version. Further, in Windows 8.1 it is difficult to tell which version is being used in any particular instance.  I suspected (but didn't actually prove)  that this was one of those "bitness" issues. Nonetheless, I downloaded Foxfire and that works perfectly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
chuckSQL
Calcite | Level 5

I got it to work!

Upon further research, I discovered that recent 64-bit Windows operating systems have  come with both a 32-bit and a 64-bit  version of Internet  Explorer. Some websites and programs don't work correctly with the 64-bit version. Further, in Windows 8.1 it is difficult to tell which version is being used in any particular instance.  I suspected (but didn't actually prove)  that this was one of those "bitness" issues. Nonetheless, I downloaded Foxfire and that works perfectly.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation