BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
stuart_snap
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a new user.  She will access our SAS metadata using EG on her client machine.  I have set up her username in management console and given her the matching credentials to all the other users.  She is set up to use the DefaultAuth username, just like everyone else.  I am able to assign her profile in EG, but when clicks on the server list it asks for a username and password.  I have many different usernames and PWs (DefaultAuth, her name, my name, sassrv, etc), but nothing is sticking:) 

Anyone have any idea what name/pw it might be wanting there? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gergely_batho
SAS Employee

If it is Windows, specify username with the domain name in SAS MC.

Does the username exist on the server, where SASApp is? Does it belong to the same Windows/Unix groups as all other users. Does it have "Lon on as batch job" (if Windows)?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You are saying that she has managed to see the serverlist.. That information is coming from the SAS-metadata.

I suppose the other users are using the same SAS-servers (SASApp?) and you did set up everything according those other users.

What is:

- your SAS release/version?  Eguide version?  OS release/version?

- More interesting your authentication method?

With Host authentication the user is authenticated at the OS. There must be a valid OS user/psw  (windows server based dedicated settings)

The keys user is normally the same one is used in the defaultauth  (please do not give/code the password there)

I you are convinced this is all right and the situation. There could be a corrupted profile somewhere.

Try to eliminiate machine problems by letting her using Eguide on a machine with a Windows/machine that is working and vice versa.

Still problems.... (to be continued)

---->-- ja karman --<-----
stuart_snap
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks!  I did eliminate any machine problems by moving around some credintials.  My profile works on her box, and her's doesn't work on mine. So, its not that at least.

We are using SAS9.4.1 on the Windows 2008 RS Server.  The local machines have EG 6.1 on Windows 2007 64. 

I am not exactly sure how to answer the authentication question.  All the usernames are being authenticated with the Authentication Domain "DefaulAuth", so I guess that is using the host method?  My password is my windows password.

Does that help?

gergely_batho
SAS Employee

If it is Windows, specify username with the domain name in SAS MC.

Does the username exist on the server, where SASApp is? Does it belong to the same Windows/Unix groups as all other users. Does it have "Lon on as batch job" (if Windows)?

stuart_snap
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, Jaap and Gergely!

She already had batch access but when I was messing around with her username on windows, I discovered that our server admin folks have assigned her to the wrong domain on the windows box.  I changed that to the correct one and we are all set.

Thanks!

Stuart

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ok it is client server desktop w7 server windows 2008.

It is your windows user being used. Guess  it is the Windows user on the server side being started there.

With windows there is an additional user requirement. "Logan as batch job" I am expecting an AD group by which membership this is granted.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisecag/67045/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1uhz7klzwwvr8n1r5... as the sas work and sas user are problematic for remote access these configurations should also have been setup. By the remote access there is no roaming profile of Windows active.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation