BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello, 

We are on SAS 9.4 M7 on Linux servers. I just recently completed the upgrade to 9.4 M7 from M5. Now If I want to go back to M5, can I just restore /opt/sas (on all 3 tiers - meta, compute and mid) and restart services? Will I be able to go back to M5 version?

2 REPLIES 2
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @RupaJ 

Yes, that's right with a condition that integrity of the backup version for /opt/sas is good and cold backup was performed when no file or process was in use.

Also, if you revert back, start the SAS services and users update any content in the older version, you will loose all that as you have already upgraded the system to M7. It's not recommended unless there is something you are trying to fix using this approach.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you @Anand_V  for the response. Actually my IT guy and I wanted to test the integrity of the /opt/sas/ backup that he takes before upgrades. I need to upgrade the production SAS and nervous in case something goes wrong. So wanted to do this (restore) exercise on test machine (which is already upgraded to M7) and see if we are able to go back to M5.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation