BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chery
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

HQ-server.conf, located under SAS Environment Manager, contains an encrypted password.It was necessary to decrypt the password.

Can anyone give me advice on encrypting and decrypting a password in Linux.

Appreciate your help!

Best Regards,

Cherry.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your encryption key starts off like this:{sas002} that means it was encoded with the SAS procedure PWENCODE.  Try running this as a test:

proc pwencode in = "MySecretPassword";
run;

And you will see how a password is encrypted in your SAS log. You can't decrypt it so you need to keep your original password to know what it was to start with. Keeping your passwords in a password safe is good practice.

Chery
Obsidian | Level 7

The password started with "ENC....."

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The passwords stored in hq-server.conf are encrypted during deployment and are not meant to be decrypted and read by users.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Chery
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your response.

My goal is to update the SSL cert for SAS Environment Manager, and as the last step, I need to change server.keystore.password to "hyperic". I'm not sure how to verify it since it was encoded.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Cherry.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You do not need to change this in hq-server.conf (it's already hyperic). This is the password you would use when creating the keystore.

Generate the SAS Environment Manager Keystore with a Site-Signed Certificate
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/p1fpnnm9hxkhlzn1x5tkqs1caeg5.htm#p10kf0lwcz...
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation