BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Hacko
Obsidian | Level 7

I've installed and configured SAS 9.4. I've error in gemfire.log

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sas_gemfire_cache': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is com.gemstone.gemfire.GemFireConfigException: Unable to contact a Locator service.  Operation either timed out or Locator does not exist.  Configured list of locators is "[test1<v0>:41415, test2<v0>:41415]".

[severe 2020/10/15 13:55:31.739 UTC <locator request thread[2]> tid=0x64] Exception in processing request from 127.0.0.1
com.gemstone.gemfire.SerializationException: Could not create an instance of com.gemstone.org.jgroups.stack.GossipData .

It is odd, because im able to connect to each of them manually via gfsh 

Any clue will be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hacko
Obsidian | Level 7
issue is solved - I've opened a case to SAS support. Seems it is well known issue and already fixed. They provide me with list of hotfixes hat u should use.
So, issue solved 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Hacko 

Check if the steps in this KB article help: https://support.sas.com/kb/52/670.html

Hacko
Obsidian | Level 7

This KB is about "Cache Locator services fail to start" - mine is running well

Anyway - despite mine running well, i did those steps already - same error

Hacko
Obsidian | Level 7
issue is solved - I've opened a case to SAS support. Seems it is well known issue and already fixed. They provide me with list of hotfixes hat u should use.
So, issue solved 🙂
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Hacko - Please update your post as answered in that case.

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Hacko,

Can you please let me know which hotfixes tech support has suggested.

I am facing this issue while restarting the JVM's and not able to register with gemfire  distributed members on time.

Many Thanks In Advance,

Sandeep

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation