BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9

hello SAS Community,
I have version stable 2022.09 for SAS Viya. I am able to log in with my credentials to SAs Viya however when I open SAS Studio the compute context and any other context do not start for me as a user. I am not able to run any code in SAS Studio.

I am in SAs Admin Group and other administrators can load the compute context.
When looking into the logs of sas launcher pod on kubernetes, I see the following for my email value, which I deleted from below:

{"version":1,"timeStamp":"2022-10-25T09:14:42.168Z","level":"warn","source":"launcher","message":"Unable to validate the user my emailvalue s credential","properties":{"logger":"com.sas.launcher.oauth.OAuthService","thread":"https-jsse-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-9","traceId":"44baa1aa23e78248","spanId":"44baa1aa23e78248","__session":"340fdffb-8cc0-4788-89e5-24c0a21b767f","username":"myemail"},"messageParameters":{"0":"myemailvalue"}}
{"version":1,"timeStamp":"2022-10-25T09:14:42.171Z","level":"error","source":"launcher","message":"com.sas.commons.rest.exceptions.ResourceException: Unable to determine a user","properties":{"logger":"com.sas.commons.rest.ExceptionLog","thread":"https-jsse-nio-0.0.0.0-8080-exec-9","traceId":"44baa1aa23e78248","spanId":"44baa1aa23e78248","__session":"340fdffb-8cc0-4788-89e5-24c0a21b767f","username":"myemailvalue"},"messageParameters":{"0":"com.sas.commons.rest.exceptions.ResourceException","1":"Unable to determine a user"}}

There are no errors in the logging of the compute pod.

In sas studio pod there is the following error:

ST /studio/sessions/3688e9d0-18eb-4be6-9adb-a047b806c45e/sassession","logger":"studio-commons/client/compute","caller":"compute/context.go:103"},"timeStamp":"2022-11-21T14:59:51.459974+00:00","message":"The compute session could not be created."}

I use authentication via SCIM and ADFS. When updating SAS Studio to SAS Studio Engineer I had a session open and since then I am not able to log in. What can be done to solve it?

Karolina 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9
The solution to this problem is, go to the user interface, then to Environment Manager --> Domains. If you can find your credentials there, pls delete them. Then log out and log in again. You should be able to start the SAS Studio compute context.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

The best option would be to open a ticket with SAS Tech Support.

touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9
I had done this already, but I was hoping that this is more general error who someone had before. I have probably a session open while SAs Studio was updated to a new license SAS Studio Engineer and since then this error has happened and does not want to go away.
touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9
The solution to this problem is, go to the user interface, then to Environment Manager --> Domains. If you can find your credentials there, pls delete them. Then log out and log in again. You should be able to start the SAS Studio compute context.
HemanthMG
Fluorite | Level 6

@touwen_k - Did your issue got fixed?  I have a similar issue, When I tried to log in to SAS Viya without non-admin credentials  SAS Studio is not working. @Sajid01  There are no credentials saved in the user interface, then to Environment Manager --> Domains. Do we need to change any other security settings? 

HemanthMG_0-1685113258211.png

Version details :

SAS Viya LTS  2020.09

doug_sas
SAS Employee

The red X in a circle means that a compute server could not be started for that context. Usually this is due to the compute server container not being present on the node the compute server pod was placed and downloading the container took longer than the compute service would allow (usually 60 seconds).

If you have some of your nodes labeled with the "workload.sas.com/class=compute" label, the container is pre-pulled down to the node for you so you would not have this problem. If you do not have the label on your nodes, you would just need to retry the context until the container is downloaded and able to run.

HemanthMG
Fluorite | Level 6

@doug_sas But this works when I logged in with SAS administrator access. Whenever I click on " No " as shown below the screenshot then only I'm getting this error.

HemanthMG_0-1685122959205.png

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
That this works with administrative access and not with non-administrative access suggests some custom rules may have been created preventing non-admin users from launching the compute session. Have you created any custom permissions from the defaults?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
HemanthMG
Fluorite | Level 6

@gwootton It newly deployed SAS Viya system. we didn't create any custom rules.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You may want to contact SAS Technical Support. The compute service and launcher service pod logs may have additional detail on the failure.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation