BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

hi all, for some reasons I need to change password of  fcfcore and camemgmt users. as you know those users and password set during SAS configuration. So what did I do to change password of users after complete SAS configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

You could use the Deployment manager to change those passwords.

Remember: it is possible that those accounts could be stored on configuration files and even in your WIP database (old shared services dB). So you can try first with this official method, then check if the change applied correctly after a full restart all SAS services. 

Remember to have a good backup or snapshot before this kind of changes with critical impact on your configuration 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

You could use the Deployment manager to change those passwords.

Remember: it is possible that those accounts could be stored on configuration files and even in your WIP database (old shared services dB). So you can try first with this official method, then check if the change applied correctly after a full restart all SAS services. 

Remember to have a good backup or snapshot before this kind of changes with critical impact on your configuration 

SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS My environment is 9.3 and ECM 5.1. so please guide me, how can change the WIP database (old shared services dB).

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I cannot help you in that side, sorry.

I hope that should be enough with changing the password in the metadata with the SAS deploment manager and restarting the services.

SASuser19
Quartz | Level 8

@JuanS_OCS but those password not stored in metadata those users in sql server database

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation