BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

When I run the following code:

Libname imp impala dsn=Impala_new db=testdb
CONOPTS='SSL=1;TRUSTEDCERTS=/sas/Software/Hadoop/Hound/Certs/test_truststore.pem;USESASL=1;ALLOWSELFSIGNEDSERVERCERT=1;CAISSUEDCERTNAMESMISMATCH=1';  

Getting this in log file:

30          Libname imp impala dsn=Impala_new db=testdb
31         CONOPTS='SSL=1;TRUSTEDCERTS=/sas/Software/Hadoop/Hound/Certs/test_truststore.pem;USESASL=1;ALLOWSELFSIGNEDSERVERCERT=1;
31       ! CAISSUEDCERTNAMESMISMATCH=1';
NOTE: Libref IMP was successfully assigned as follows: 
      Engine:        IMPALA 
      Physical Name: Impala_new

But we don't have this folder and file (/sas/Software/Hadoop/Hound/Certs/test_truststore.pem) on compute server and I don't get any error for it either. Could you tell me where is this path and file?

3 REPLIES 3
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
The last two options probably make the driver not check the trusted CA list. So there isn't any trusted certificates store being read.
Evelina
Obsidian | Level 7

When I change those two options to '0' ALLOWSELFSIGNEDSERVERCERT=0; CAISSUEDCERTNAMESMISMATCH=0 (so that the driver checks the trusted CA list), it still works and I don't get any error. It seems that this folder is somewhere on server.

SimonDawson
SAS Employee
This is perhaps something to discuss with Cloudera support. The driver is created by Cloudera. Likely its using one of the more common TLS/SSL implementations and it will be also loading up certificates from a default location also in addition to the user specified trusted certificates. You could attach a syscall tracer and trace the open syscall for the session and you'll see it if its loaded.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation