BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KMarie_84
Calcite | Level 5

I have a developer who is testing scheduling capabilities and keeps requesting admin rights via SMC. I am not comfortable giving him complete rights to the platform, but I have no problem giving him the necessary roles that will allow him to do his work; I just don't know what they are. Would Job Execution: Job Admin and Metadata Server: Operation work? He does have the Schedule Manager plugin. Please assist. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

I checked with the SAS scheduling folks and this is what they told me:

The user needs writemetadata permission on the deployed flow object to schedule.  This is usually done by having writemetadata permission to the folder containing the deployed flow.

The roles we generally use are:

Management Console: Advanced

Metadata Server: Operation

Metadata Server: User Administration

Metadata Server: Unrestricted

Metadata Server: Unrestricted is not required but the user, or developer in your case, will need to be given write metadata permission on the metadata server. In our testing environments this is most often done by adding the user to the SAS Administrators group. If this is not a viable option, then the user will need to be given write permissions on any folder(s) he will need to write to. In your case, perhaps a single folder can be created for the developer where he can be granted write permissions.

Hope this helps!

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
KMarie_84
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. This helps a great deal. I thought this was the case, but wanted to make sure.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation