BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

We are installing SAS 9.3 and the Instructions.html file for the Metadata server states:

Add the APPLETLOC option to the sasv9_usermods.cfg file located in each SAS APplication Server context directory, specifying the location to be used in generating graphincal output. APPLETLOC should point to a network accessible copy of the SAS/GRAPH Java appliets.

Since your deployment includes the SAS Web Infrastructure platform, the applets can be made available (you must use the correct host and port) via:

-APPLETLOC http://mid-tier-server:mid-tier-port/sasweb/graph

The default ports are :

JBoss: 8080

Weblogic: 7001

WebSphere: 9080.

I don't know what is meant by 'application server context directory'.

Also, I need to know which of the many sasv9_usermods.cfg files that are in the SASHOME path, do I need to modify and add the -APPLETLOC parameter as specified above.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

The platform is Linux.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

RGUL,

The application server is the SASApp (probably called on this way). You can find a folder like that under /Config/Lev1 on the compute server (if you have more than 1 tier).

And the sasv9_usermods.cfg you are looking for, should be the only one that is directly under SASApp folder.

RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Juan. So it needs to be in the Configuration home path, not the SAS Home path. So if I have multiple compute servers, I would need to make the change in the sasv9_usermods.cfg file in my /Lev1/SASApp/ folder on each Compute server?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Yes, exactly Smiley Happy You got the point. On all the SASApps that are making use of the SAS/GRAPH license.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation