BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

We are installing SAS 9.3 and the Instructions.html file for the Metadata server states:

Add the APPLETLOC option to the sasv9_usermods.cfg file located in each SAS APplication Server context directory, specifying the location to be used in generating graphincal output. APPLETLOC should point to a network accessible copy of the SAS/GRAPH Java appliets.

Since your deployment includes the SAS Web Infrastructure platform, the applets can be made available (you must use the correct host and port) via:

-APPLETLOC http://mid-tier-server:mid-tier-port/sasweb/graph

The default ports are :

JBoss: 8080

Weblogic: 7001

WebSphere: 9080.

I don't know what is meant by 'application server context directory'.

Also, I need to know which of the many sasv9_usermods.cfg files that are in the SASHOME path, do I need to modify and add the -APPLETLOC parameter as specified above.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

The platform is Linux.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

RGUL,

The application server is the SASApp (probably called on this way). You can find a folder like that under /Config/Lev1 on the compute server (if you have more than 1 tier).

And the sasv9_usermods.cfg you are looking for, should be the only one that is directly under SASApp folder.

RGUL
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Juan. So it needs to be in the Configuration home path, not the SAS Home path. So if I have multiple compute servers, I would need to make the change in the sasv9_usermods.cfg file in my /Lev1/SASApp/ folder on each Compute server?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Yes, exactly Smiley Happy You got the point. On all the SASApps that are making use of the SAS/GRAPH license.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation