BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7

I have a SAS installed on Microsoft Server 2012 R2. The CPU usage is spiked up to 100% the entire day. one of the probe I am observing is 'Zulu Platform X64 Architecture' run as SYSTEM user is hitting the top CPU. I found this article under the SAS communities libraries.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/There-is-a-new-SAS-Private-JRE/ta-p/449109

Can someone help me understand if you had a similar situation? what action was taken to resolve such issue?

Regards,

Asha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As a result of this change of the Java JRE provider (from Oracle to Azul), SAS administrators might see "Zulu Platform x64 Architecture Process" in their process lists.  This change is described in this article: About the new SAS Private JRE.

If you aren't a SAS user but landed on this topic from a related search, you probably also have an application that relies on a Java runtime/JDK sourced from Azul.  You'll need to check your inventory of deployed applications to determine which of those are affected.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Contacting tech support seems to be the fastest way to solve the issue. I remember a similar problem on our middle-tier server, but that was finally fixed with 9.4m3.

ashasupriya
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you, I will go ahead and submit a track with SAS on this.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As a result of this change of the Java JRE provider (from Oracle to Azul), SAS administrators might see "Zulu Platform x64 Architecture Process" in their process lists.  This change is described in this article: About the new SAS Private JRE.

If you aren't a SAS user but landed on this topic from a related search, you probably also have an application that relies on a Java runtime/JDK sourced from Azul.  You'll need to check your inventory of deployed applications to determine which of those are affected.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation