BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
miki7
Obsidian | Level 7
Dear SAS Communities,
because of ending support of "Visual studio 2005" IT department sent us email, that if "Uninstallation of component called Visual C++Redistributable 2005 " will have any impact of our installed applications on Windows servers with SAS. Here is the list of applications and their servers

alias, hostname, OS, SAS APP, SAS VER, APP VER

MA Prod

hostname1WIN Server 2008 R2SAS CI Studio9.25.4
MA Testhostname2WIN Server 2008 R2SAS CI Studio9.25.4
MAT Devhostname3WIN Server 2008 R2SAS CI Studio9.25.4
DAMIhostname4WIN Server 2008 R2SAS Enterprise Miner9.312.1

Thank you very much!

Michal

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This software is installed as part of a SAS deployment so I would be very wary of deleting it:

http://support.sas.com/kb/35/727.html

If you are concerned about the ending of support you could check with SAS to see if a later version would be compatible.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

The bigger question for me is why are you still on SAS 9.2 ?

I understand that not all customers can't be on the latest and greatest release for various reasons, but SAS 9.2 is like very old....

miki7
Obsidian | Level 7

Our customer is currently switching to newest SAS CM on base SAS 9.4 ver. But it will take a while till it'll go to production. So we need to know if uninstall/upgrade of this feature will be problem.

Our local SAS Support told us, that they do not recommend uninstallation of it, but our customer don't want to keep unsupported version of C++ installed. So my main question is, if upgrade to supported version will have affect on listed SAS applications.

Thank you very much 🙂

Michal

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

I agree with Tech Support, don't uninstall or upgrade for that matter. That version of SAS is certified with a certain version of the third-party product, but by uninstalling/upgrading now, you run a real risk of introducing all sorts of issues, which you will be fixing in the end.

We are mindful that the customer don't want unsupported software, but now is not the time to pull the plug. They will just have to live with the current version until the upgrade. The customer must also take responsibility for waiting so long before upgrading.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation