BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Can any one pls share how to upgrade SAS 9.4 M6 to M7, we have three tier topology 

it would be really great for Grid and non-grid 

Thanks,

Reddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
7 REPLIES 7
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee
If this response answers your question then please "Accept as Solution".

Thanks
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

@CarmineVerrell I did, Thank you

so it means that after System Evaluation tool checks is it automatically download required hotfix files based on the environment ?

or do we get list of hotfix names or as traditional way to apply SASHFADD ?

please clarify,

CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

Take a look at the first link on the document i sent you, it explains what the tool will produce. I would suggest that your next step would be to contact tech support to get a Maintenance Release and to ask specific questions if you are stuck.  Depending on what you are upgrading in place you might only need the maintenance release, tech support will let you know that. 

Request a Maintenance Release

Maintenance releases are available via electronic or physical media. You must have installed SAS 9.4 in order to apply a maintenance release to SAS 9.4. You can add maintenance updates to an existing SAS software depot, or you can create a new depot with a full software release. Use the self-service application for maintenance to identify orders at your site for which maintenance is available. A SAS Installation Representative from your site can request maintenance.

If you have not yet deployed SAS 9.4, then contact your SAS account executive. If you need help identifying your account executive and would like to start the request process now, call SAS at 1-800-727-0025, menu option 2. All of the latest maintenance updates are included with an initial delivery of SAS 9.4.

ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7
Ok, we are already using SAS 9.4 M6 on llinux... after run the System Evaluation tool with the report have to raise SAS TS for Request for a Maintenance Release ?
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks again,

upgrade in place option do we have to procure new plan.xml and service order 

can anyone pls share SAS 9.4 M6 to M7 upgrade in place doc link

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello
My understanding is that your existing plan files should suffice.

In place migration should be of no issue.
However take a backup of the system before change. This will help in case of an issue.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation