BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PierreDupuis
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Team,  we are planning to upgrade our GRID environment from SAS 9.4M7 to M8 release on new servers with the same topology as our M7 deployment.  My understanding is I could use the SAS Migration utility(SMU) in order to help me to do an automated migration.  My questions are

1) I am not very familiar with a Grid migration and I don't see anyone mentioning about it so any advice will be really appreciated.  Where to start with Grid migration? Does SMU cover any Grid migration part? 

2) Our old SAS 9.4M7 environment is running REHL 7.9 so Java11 is not installed. Not sure if Java11 is supported on REHL7.9?  I am wondering how I run SMU?  Should I run SMU from M7 or M8 depot?

3) Also, please help me regarding the prerequisites of upgrades from M7 to M8 and the process involved.

Thanks in Advance,

Pierre

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

A good starting point is the SAS Migration Guide if you haven't looked at it yet. This covers SMU.

I also recommend using the SAS Content Assessment tool for evaluating and migrating SAS content.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation