BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Could you please help me understand to uninstall the hotfix?

Also how should I find which hotfix should I apply for my environment? Assume I'm in SAS EG 7.2 then how can I find the hotfix for my environment?
3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@Babloo ,

how can I find the hotfix for my environment?

The SAS Hot Fix Analysis, Download and Deployment Tool (SASHFADD) analyzes a SAS® 9.2, SAS® 9.3, or SAS® 9.4 deployment. The tool creates a customized report that lists available hot fixes for the installed SAS products, and also generates scripts that automate hot-fix downloads. A script is generated to install SAS 9.2 hot fixes.You use SAS® Deployment Manager to install SAS 9.3 and SAS 9.4 hot fixes.

Could you please help me understand to uninstall the hotfix?

No automated process exists to remove a SAS® 9.x hot fix. You must manually remove a hot fix. The removal process varies in complexity depending on the installed hot fix.

If you think that a SAS 9.x hot fix must be removed, restore your system using the last backup that was made before you installed the hot fix. If a backup is not available, open a track with SAS Technical Support so that a consultant can evaluate whether the hot fix can be removed safely from your system.

SAS Hot Fix FAQs

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

Typically the simplest approach to revert a hotfix is to restore the system from a backup to a state before the hot fix was applied taken . With virtual machines I typically take a volume snapshot before I start to apply the hot fix. With systems that have a filesystem that can provide a snapshot (like ZFS) I'll use a filesystem snapshot.

If anything goes wrong its simple to get the machine(s) back to the state they were in before things went sideways.

shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

If you have applied hot fix on SAS EG client then how about reinstall the SAS EG again?

Thanks,

Shiva

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation