BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I am trying to get connected from SAS to R/3 engine using SAS/Access to R3 and when I executed the libname statement, here is the error:

ERROR: Image SASSAP   found but not loadable.
ERROR: Operating system error 126 occurred.

I created SAP server on SAS SMC and corresponding library also. Any advise pls...!

Regards,

Sundeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Thanks all for your suggestions...!

I got the solution. After configuring the environment variable in the server pointing to librfc directory where dll's are stored. It worked out...

Regards,

Sundeep

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andy547
SAS Employee

Sundeep,

This means SAP is a valid library type but the SAP libraries are not available.  This can mean that they are not downloaded or that they you did download them and thay are not found.  

The Post-Installation Instructions for SAS/ACCESS 9.4 Interface to R/3 say:
---------------
SAP System

Release
· SAP Kernel Release 4.6C or higher
· 64-bit SAP Unicode RFC library, Release 7.20 or higher

The SAS/ACCESS Interface to R/3 software for Windows and UNIX requires the 64-bit SAP Unicode RFC library, Release 7.20 or higher, which is provided by SAP AG.

As of the end of maintenance for SAP Release 7.10 (March 31, 2016), SAP no longer supports the classic RFC SDK or the classic RFC library. This end of maintenance also applies to SAP Releases 7.11 and 7.20. A transition to the SAP NetWeaver RFC Library should start immediately.

The SAP NetWeaver RFC Library supports all SAP NetWeaver and R/3 systems and supports Unicode and non-Unicode. Refer to SAP note 1025361 for installation instructions, support information, and details about the availability of the SAP NetWeaver Library.

The preferred method is to download the Unicode SAP RFC SDK because it includes all of the necessary files that allow the connection from SAS to SAP.

------------

If you have downloaded the librarys you need to check that they are available to the data step.  On Windows this is the C:\Windows\Sytem32 folder.  

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikr3cg/66652/PDF/default/config.pdf 

and 

SAP Note 413708 for the current version or the DLLs 

Andy 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If this is on Windows, error 126 points to a dll that can't be found. Tt might be an incomplete installation of either SAS or the SAP client. Or you have a 32/64 bit inconsistency.

SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Kurt,

Yes this is on Windows. I configured SAP server details on SAS management console and library also.

Created group also in which user was configured under Accounts tab.

Is there any activity pending to establish connectivity?

Regards,

Sundeep

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

Andy already gave some great input.

To add on to that, the error you are seeing can occur in cases where the additional libraries needed, are not set up. Additional shared libraries are needed for the UNICODE RFC library.

SAS/ACCESS to R3 uses SAP's shared libraries; the location of the RFC shared libraries has to be added to the environment variable for your OS.

See Notes 522119, 566334 and 519753, 413708 

Post-installation instructions for Access to R3:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikr3cg/66652/PDF/default/config.pdf

If the problem persists, I believe Tech Support would be the next step to take. The experts can guide you in the right direction.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks

Anja

SundeepK
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

Thanks all for your suggestions...!

I got the solution. After configuring the environment variable in the server pointing to librfc directory where dll's are stored. It worked out...

Regards,

Sundeep

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation