BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Samrat07
Fluorite | Level 6
I am unable to open SAS WRS from local machine, I have tried restarting the olap services and checked for other services as well but still not getting any result . My web application services are on different server As I am new to SAS admin role so any help would be great.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
DavidHD
SAS Employee

Hey @Samrat07 ,

I am assuming that you are talking about SAS 9.4 and are on Linux, that is information you should provide when asking administration related questions

1. have you checked that your local machine can reach the host machine that the SAS-Web-Tier is running on? (using a ping command or something similar, check the ip and dns-addresses)

2. If you can't reach the server, I'd suggest talking to your infrastructure team about whether the server is up an running or not. If it is up check with the firewall team why your machine can not reach it

3. If you can reach the server then log into that server as the SAS install user (probably named sas) and run the script  x/config/LevX/sas.servers.mid with status to check if everything is up and running

4. If it is all up and running then this suggest a deeper problem and I'd suggest opening a support track with SAS support

5. If somethings aren't up try sas.servers.mid start, this should "heal" the environment

This is a simplified approach to get WRS up and running quickly, please do yourself the favor and read through the System Administration Documentation

Kind Regards,

David

Samrat07
Fluorite | Level 6
I am using SAS in Windows environment and even website page is not showing .
I have checked for all the service related to it and restarted olap services . Is there any service I need to check ? Do other services need to be restarted and is there any particular order for it ? Please help as I am new to admin role.Thanks

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation