BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Things just don’t slow down, not in life nor on the admin community. I get in to work and a whole new batch of questions (and sometimes, answers) have come in while I slept. It’s a wonderful sight to see.

While there were tons of things happening in the community this month, I want to focus on areas of importance that occur outside the community. Here are my three don’t-miss items for this month:

That’s it for this month. Have other items to share? Want to call out something on the community? List it below and let’s all help each other out!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you miss the other installments in my series? No worries. You’ll find them below:

August 2017

September 2017

October 2017

November 2017

December 2017

January 2018

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

On the last day of February Andrea Negri from the SAS Milan office wrote a SAS blog post Why platform governance needs open learning approaches and the importance of unity, collaboration and co-creation between teams to manage and support an analytics platform.

Within the blog post he also announces a new Meetup group that SAS has created: SAS Platform Governance group. He states, while the group has been thought for the people in Milan, we will be happy to welcome conversations in English from different parts of the world.

Another useful resource and "thing" to note for SAS admins... Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

One of @PaulHomes' platformadmin.com blog posts, Auto Creation of Linux Home Directories for SAS Users received some further feedback in February about how helpful the workaround he suggests was and I thought it might be a "thing" other SAS admins might find useful too.

As Paul mentions in the blog post comments and his tweet, it would be good if SAS triggered the auto creation and a work around wasn't needed. If you agree, please vote and add your comments in the SASware Ballot idea https://twitter.com/PaulAtMetacoda/status/963606194488098817

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

On the last day of February Andrea Negri from the SAS Milan office wrote a SAS blog post Why platform governance needs open learning approaches and the importance of unity, collaboration and co-creation between teams to manage and support an analytics platform.

Within the blog post he also announces a new Meetup group that SAS has created: SAS Platform Governance group. He states, while the group has been thought for the people in Milan, we will be happy to welcome conversations in English from different parts of the world.

Another useful resource and "thing" to note for SAS admins... Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

Michelle

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thank you for the these wonderful "things" @MichelleHomes. All good information SAS admins need to know.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation