BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

We here at SAS view April as the month of learning, especially since that’s when we typically have SAS Global Forum. I realize most of you can’t or don’t attend the conference, but I don’t want you to miss out on all the learning opportunities. There are plenty within the community here, but there’s lots more too. That’s why I’m focusing on three ways you can learn as a SAS Administrator…for free, and without ever leaving the comfort of your home or office:

Do you have suggestions for courses or learning opportunities for SAS Administrators? Post a comment and share with your fellow community members.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you miss the other installments in my series? No worries. You’ll find them under the tag: admin three things.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you so much @ShelleySessoms , for your refreshing wrap ups every month.

I would add to the list:

• This year's SAS Global Forum's Virtual videos for virtual attendance, for the General Sessions and for the User Sessions, already being posted.
  • Of course, this year's SAS Global Forum's Proceedings, where most of the Papers and some of the slides are being posted.
  • The GitHub community for this year's SAS Global Forum presentations, where code and other goodies can be found.
  • Anja Fisher's book: SAS® Administration from the Ground Up: Running the SAS®9 Platform in a Metadata Server Environment ... probably the first or one of the first SAS books made by a #SASAdmin and for #SASAdmins!

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Terrific list, @JuanS_OCS! Thank you for such a thorough look at all the things for the #SASAdmin at SASGF.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I have to, since I cannot attend this year. I have not read yet even 5% of the proceedings yet. It's the heaven of SAS knowledge (except perhaps some "paid holidays" in Cary!). 😉

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation