BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have done client side installetion but when i am trying to connect to server but i am getting below error:-

The application could not log on on to server "apptest:8591". The machine name is not valid.

Version :- 9.3

o/s :- Linux 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SurajChand
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi MG18,

it seems that client machine is unable to validate the apptest (domain name) with the IP address of the SAS server.

make sure you have configured the DNS to resolve the domain name to IP address and vice-versa OR place the hosts entries to redirect the request directly.
In windows:- open hosts file with editor with administrative rights.
Host Entries path : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
xxx.xxx.xxx.xx apptest.
save and exit.
then try to connect the same once again.

** if you have multiple tier SAS server then place all 3 (Meta, Compute, Mid-tier) host entries to resolve the issue.

make sure all SAS services/server must be validated through SAS management console.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @MG18,

it seems to me as your client cannot resolve the apptest name. Please try write down a correct machine name on your connection details.

TO know if a machine name is correct, try to execute a ping to the machine name. Probably you will only need to include the full qualified hostname (as apptest.my.company.com ).

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

are all users getting this error message?

Could you provide the log file/entire error message?

Also, take a look at the metadata server log to see if you can gather any additional information.

Thanks

Anja

SurajChand
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi MG18,

it seems that client machine is unable to validate the apptest (domain name) with the IP address of the SAS server.

make sure you have configured the DNS to resolve the domain name to IP address and vice-versa OR place the hosts entries to redirect the request directly.
In windows:- open hosts file with editor with administrative rights.
Host Entries path : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
xxx.xxx.xxx.xx apptest.
save and exit.
then try to connect the same once again.

** if you have multiple tier SAS server then place all 3 (Meta, Compute, Mid-tier) host entries to resolve the issue.

make sure all SAS services/server must be validated through SAS management console.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation