BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
foobarbaz
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Everyone,

I'm interested to know how you have configured the SAS Deployment agent when you have a single compute tier hosting multiple levs but separate metadata and mid tier hosts for each lev.  Essentially what I'm seeing is that the most recent lev configuration on the compute tier has altered the Deployment Agent and Remote Deployment Agent keystores and passwords on the compute tier causing the SAS Backup Manager to fail with the other levs.

I've tried using the the Deployment Wizard to manage the agent communication however this is failing to resolve the issue on the older levs.  The steps I've performed have been;

1.  Run the deployment wizard to set communication options for the new lev.

2.  Log onto to the metadata and mid tier hosts for the new lev and download the client and trust store config for each host.

3.  From the compute tier upload deployment agent config to each other lev's metadata.

4.  From the metadata and mid tier hosts for the other levs download the client and trust store config to each host. 

The other levs had backups operating successfully prior to the new lev install and config so it must be possible.  Do I need to create my own keystore files?  Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Cameron | Selerity
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michele_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Cameron,

Knowing the way the SAS Deployment Agent credentials are set across the tiers of a deployment what you are describing is a more complex situation.  I would recommend that you open a track with SAS Tech Support. 

Michele

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
michele_sas
SAS Employee

Hi Cameron,

Knowing the way the SAS Deployment Agent credentials are set across the tiers of a deployment what you are describing is a more complex situation.  I would recommend that you open a track with SAS Tech Support. 

Michele

foobarbaz
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Michele,
Completely agree. It's a really puzzling scenario.

Cam
Regards,
Cameron | Selerity

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation