BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

WIN X64 server SAS 9.4 TS1M7

SAS ACCESS/ODBC

SYS DSN connection test is successful and uses Azure Service Principal Authentication

I am testing first in BASE editor (once connecting, then will test via EG and set up library in meta)

This is the error I am getting:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 18 for
       SQL Server][SQL Server]Error requesting access token, HTTP status 400,
       expected 200

I am searching on MS reference docs, there have been issues registered but with CLI not SAS (not much that I could find).  I am seeing anyone dealt with this before going to SAS TS.

Cheers & TIA

-S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I had it resolved, this was more so to do with the ID and the token access value.  Once provided, worked like a charm.  

-S

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I had it resolved, this was more so to do with the ID and the token access value.  Once provided, worked like a charm.  

-S

emmao
SAS Employee

Hi Shoin,

May I know how to set with the ID and the token access value in the caslib connection definition?

I can access data in Synapse general table whether sparkpool or the dedicated/deafult one.

But there's authorized error came when I try to open the table in dedicated external table in Synapse through CAS or libname.

ERROR: CLI open cursor error: [SAS][ODBC SQL Server Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server Azure Data Warehouse]Not able to validate 
external location because The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

emwang_0-1662021615860.png

Mayankp
Calcite | Level 5

@shoin we have similar requirements to connect to Azure Synapse SQL (Serverless), Are you able to share more details on driver and odbc.ini parameters?

Thanks.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation