BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hadi_yahya
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi SAS Communities,

I new to SAS Software.

I would like to install SAS Viya on my premise, can you advise which version supports on-premise.

I go through few documentation, but I confuse with SAS Viya itself, SAS Viya 9.x, and SAS Viya 3.x

Thanks in advance,

Hadi

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There is no SAS Viya 9.x, only SAS 9.x which is SAS's legacy technology.

Also now SAS Viya 3.x is being superseded by Viya 2020 and 2021. This is SAS's latest cloud-enabled technology.

This link explains the different versions: https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support/services-policies.html

My limited understanding is that both SAS 9.x and SAS Viya 3.x can be installed on premise or in third party data centres. Viya 2020 and 2021 are available on MS Azure which is only available at MS data centres (happy to be corrected on this). SAS is working on Viya 2021 versions that will run on AWS and other cloud platforms that can either be on premise or third party data centres.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

The release of Viya 2021.1 (LTS) and 2021.1.1 (stable) adds support for Amazon (EKS) and Google (GKE) Kubernetes clusters.
Kubernetes Cluster Requirements

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

As has been pointed out in the thread, SAS Viya 3.x is indeed supported for deployments on-premises (and in the cloud), just as SAS 9.x is.

The latest version of SAS Viya, colloquially referred to as "SAS Viya 4" and technically referred to by its continuous delivery release numbers [i.e., LTS 2020.1 (released in November 2020), LTS 2021.1 (May 2021), Stable 2020.1.x (monthly releases through April 2021), Stable 2021.1.1 (May 2021)] is currently available for public cloud deployment.  As of LTS 2021.1, that includes Azure, AWS, and GCP.  SAS is targeting delivery of an on-premises option based on OpenShift running on VMWare this summer.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Freddied
Calcite | Level 5

Two questions: Can SAS 10.2 be installed on premises? Also can you purchase from a VAR/reseller?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The latest version for SAS is 9.4. Not sure why you are referring to 10.2. It can be installed both on-premises and on-cloud. Typically you licence SAS directly from SAS Institute and it is usually on a year or multi-year basis.  

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
There is at least in my region (scandinavia) a reseller program.
Contact SAS to learn what your purchasing options are.
Data never sleeps
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Also, this thread is 2,5 years old, and your inquiry is different than the OP - I suggest that you open a new thread.
Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 in conversation