BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SowmyaB
Calcite | Level 5
I have created a SASWork Utilization Alert report that sends an email notification when the utilization reaches 70%. The report currently displays all folders that are highly utilized. However, I would like to request a script that can send the alert directly to the user who owns the specific folder that has reached the utilization threshold.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions on how to achieve this. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
2 REPLIES 2
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You first need a resource which couples usernames to email addresses. For use in shell scripts, this could be a simple, blank-separated text file.

Once you have determined a username, read through the text file until you find a match, then send a mail (use mail or mailx, if on UNIX).

You can do the same thing rather easily in SAS, if XCMD is enabled. Run the du command in a pipe, fetch the output, extract utilization and username, join with a username/email dataset, then send mails with FILENAME EMAIL.

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @SowmyaB 

Depending on your server platform, you could use

To retrieve the mail/email property dynamically for a given user and send him/her an alert email.

Not sure about your organization, but in most companies, the general IT Infrastructure/Server Management group have the tools to perform such activities, while the Application Administrators, such as SAS System Administrator, typically responsible for 

• Support one/multiple SAS Environments
  • Ensuring uptime to meet business need
  • Addressing any performance issues.
  • Perform necessary patching, upgrades, and installation of Hotfixes across the environments.
  • Troubleshoot issues with installations and user's configurations and set-up.

Hope this helps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation