BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rakshitdhalla
Calcite | Level 5

HI,

We have just installed SAS as a single user license in our organization, I used the deployment wizard and everything installed and works fine, but the only issue is that in Enterprise Guide, there is "no profile selected", and if I try to create a profile on the 8561 port on the localhost, it throws back an error saying there is no server running there, could you please help me create a profile and a metadata repository along with it, also if it is important to have the above in order to connect SAS with applications like VBA?

Thanks

Rakshit

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Obviously "everything installed and works fine" is not the truth Smiley Wink

Verify that you have the Metadata Server running (look for the process in the process list) before everything else.

If not, check the install logs.

You may have to do reboot of your machine in order to start the services.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

How to check metadata server is running or not?

Thanks.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

On a _real_ operating system:

ps -ef|grep Metadata

Shows you the shell script and the SAS process.

Since I don't run a Windows server, I can't help you there.

rakshitdhalla
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Kurt,

Thanks a lot for writing in, by working fine, I meant, I can import and work around with the data without connecting to any profile (since my installation is local) and yes in the processes on the Task Manager, i have an application called the "SASStudioHost" running along with one more that just says "sas.exe" and "SAS 9.4 for windows" in the description

When i open Enterprise Guide and click on the "No Profile Selected" link it takes me to a window to create profile, when i try to create one on the local machine, it sends me an error "Unable to connect to the metadata server", I checked the install logs and there were no errors found there.

Thanks

Rakshit

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

When it is a Windows single user there is very normal no metadataserver involvment.

The connection is not a IOM server but a COM one. The Eguide should recognize the "local" installation. That local server is a registry entry set-up by the SAS-base installation Windows.

These two installations Eguide and SAS/base should be able to see each other and that connection cannot exist by segregated virtualizations (bubbles).

On the server list of the connection there is a checkbox allowing to see the local installation.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation