BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SudTR
Fluorite | Level 6

The Service "SAS Config Level 1 - SAS Enviornment manager " is in stopped data in the Production Data tier server due to which users are not able to login to SAS FM Financial Addins . 

Please let  me know if i can start the service or is thee any particular process to start the service .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SudTR
Fluorite | Level 6
This email is from a contractor that provides managed services to 3rd parties, including Thomson Reuters.

When i restarted the service it mentioend as "in the bootstrap.log indicates that the SAS Environment Manager Server started successfully:" Hence sometimes we nee to restart that Meta data ,Compute Tier and Data Tier servers in order to resolve the issue .

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

SAS Environment manager is application mostly used by admins to monitor the platform and visualize dashboards based on the system stats. I don't think if this service is down, other applications are effected. Could you please share what error do you see when the users login?

Also, if all the other services in the platform are started, you can start this independently.

SudTR
Fluorite | Level 6
This email is from a contractor that provides managed services to 3rd parties, including Thomson Reuters.

Thanks for your reply . below is the error . When the users login to the PROD env via theSAS FM financial Addins via Excel , they get an erro as "Could not access specified server " .When i checked the Data tier ,one of the belwo services was down .I will try restartign it independently .

[cid:0fab30bc-69ac-4d6e-8bac-0ef4d673fd1c]
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Are you getting similar error as in this KB link ? If yes, then try the workaround provided.

SudTR
Fluorite | Level 6

Restarted the service still the same error . Not a password issue as the issue is not confined to a particular user .
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
What error do you see in metadata and object spawner logs?
SudTR
Fluorite | Level 6

When i restarted the service it mentioend as "in the bootstrap.log indicates that the SAS Environment Manager Server started successfully:" Hence sometimes we nee to restart that Meta data ,Compute Tier and Data Tier servers in order to resolve the issue .

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation