BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi Folks,

We have define the option emailsys, emailhost and emailport in our sasv9.cfg file. We use port 25.

All our users work with SAS EG or they have automatic SAS programs running on crontab. Recently we discovered that any user can send email as other people. For example, my email is name@comapny.com but in my SAS program is allow to define SENDER="other_name@company.com". So the email is sent as other_name@company.com

There is any way to restrict it? So the only sender will be the user or onlt allow a generic address as a sender?

I know about EMAILAUTHPROTOCOL option. But even if we set to "LOGIN" in our sasv9.cfg, the user can disable this option using:

options EMAILAUTHPROTOCOL=NONE;

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The answer to this one really lies with the mail server. It sounds like your mail server allows unauthenticated senders from inside the local networks. Talk you your mail server admins about this. They will have configuration options to enforce SMTP authentication and match login user-id to from-address(es) - e.g. Postfix smtpd_sender_login_maps  Of course, changes like this may have impacts on other systems using the same mail servers.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation