BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SAS_09
Fluorite | Level 6

We have SAS94_M5( Linux OS) with a multi tiered grid architecture. Receiving error when I try to run sasgsub utility using my ID.

but I'm able to run same test job using installer account. My ID has already been added to metadata. Any idea why we are receiving access denied error?

<sasconfig>/gsubconfig/Lev1/Applications/SASGridManagerClientUtility/9.4

./sasgsub -gridsubmitpgm test.sas

SAS Grid Manager Client Utility Version 9.45 (build date: Oct  3 2017)

Copyright (C) 2009-2017, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All Rights Reserved

Please enter the metadata user:xxxxx

Please enter the metadata password:

ERROR: Unknown User Name.

ERROR: Access denied.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_09
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you. In sasgsub.cfg file installer account is specified as metauser which was why it wasn't working with my ID. It worked after I change it to _prompt_.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @SAS_09

What does the SAS Metadata Server log report ?

Are you sure the user id entered is the same as what is defined on the Accounts tab for your user object in Metadata ?

SAS_09
Fluorite | Level 6

I don't see anything in metadata logs for timestamp that I have tried. Yes, user ID being used here is same as accounts tab in metadata.

I have opened a tech support track.

AndreasWindisch
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey @SAS_09,

maybe it helps.

As a test you could submit a job via 'bsub' command of LSF.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSETD4_9.1.3/lsf_command_ref/bsub.man_top.1.html

Did you have a look for the sasgsub log files?  

Look on the compute tier, under application servers path you will normly have a GridServer directory.

There is a log directory for the sasgsub utility, where error logs are stored.

Best regards,
Andreas

SAS_09
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm able to submit job using bsub

sh-4.2$ bsub sleep30 test.sas
Job <192> is submitted to default queue <normal>.

Logs directory is empty

<sasconfig>/Lev1/SASApp/GridServer/Logs

doug_sas
SAS Employee

When you enter a metadata password, make sure it is for the metadata user that is specified in the sasgsub.cfg file. If the user in the config file is not correct use the -metauser option to change it.

It could also be that you do not have access to the shared directory that SASGSUB will try to create a job directory and copy the program.

You could run SASGSUB with the -verbose option and may be able to see at what point the access is denied.

SAS_09
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you. In sasgsub.cfg file installer account is specified as metauser which was why it wasn't working with my ID. It worked after I change it to _prompt_.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation