BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jim_Cooper_hmsa
Obsidian | Level 7

Out IT department is evaluating Enterprise Schedulers. The short list of vendors that I have been asked to evaluate is: Tidal; JAMS; and Stonebranch.  We are in the process of implementing a SAS Office Analytics Server on Windows 64 bit server so I have no way to test the scheduler integration.  Does anyone have any experience with these enterprise schedulers? and if so, what has been your experience?  I noticed from an Internet search that JAMS has a SAS adapter option, but SAS is not specifically addressed in the other vendors online documentation.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Jim_Cooper_hmsa ,

from the 3 of them, I think JAMS is the one that has more sense. In few and simple words:

Not only because the software is actually quite good and with many options towards optimization of schedules, but mainly because their staff have got plenty experience and many customers who work with SAS and JAMS together.

Another consideration: are you considering the tool to work with SAS only, or actually with Enterprise-wide applications? 

• For the first case, perhaps you could consider as well IBM LSF (SAS sells it) or SAS Job Scheduler (available on M6), both have direct integration with SAS and the SAS Management Console.
  • For the later, perhaps I would redirect the question to your IT department responsible of Scheduling for other applications, or your Architects, they might have a good word, in regards of integration. There are many, free and paid ones. Again, my first consideration would be if the vendor staff demonstrates their knowledge and experience within the SAS products.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation