BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ghassanzghaib
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm in the process of preparing a SAS 9.4M6 Platform on a Windows64Bit server.

I successfully installed and configured the platform, but was later asked to secure it with TLS 1.2 (SSL/HTTPS).

The SAS Installation and configuration guide as well as a couple of SAS whitepapers suggest generating and importing the certificates before running the configuration in the SAS Deployment Manager.

Now in my case, the configuration was executed before dealing with the certificates.

I would appreciate a recommendation on how to proceed with the security.

1. Can I just add the certificates to the already configured plateforme?

2. Should I Remove the existing configuration, Add the Certificates and configure it again?

3. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @ghassanzghaib 

You can follow the manual steps listed in the middle tier admin guide to apply SSL certs after the deployment was completed.

You should start looking at the steps from the section below in the link here.

If you did not choose to configure with secure sockets during the initial installation and configuration with the SAS Deployment Wizard, you can manually configure SAS Web Server to use HTTPS. Follow these steps:
This could be quite complex depending upon the architecture you are supporting, so its a good pratice to perform a cold backup of your deployment before making any changes.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @ghassanzghaib 

You can follow the manual steps listed in the middle tier admin guide to apply SSL certs after the deployment was completed.

You should start looking at the steps from the section below in the link here.

If you did not choose to configure with secure sockets during the initial installation and configuration with the SAS Deployment Wizard, you can manually configure SAS Web Server to use HTTPS. Follow these steps:
This could be quite complex depending upon the architecture you are supporting, so its a good pratice to perform a cold backup of your deployment before making any changes.

Thanks!
ghassanzghaib
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @Anand_V ,

I was able to manually fix the issues for some of the SAS Web Apps following the instructions in the admin guide and some SAS notes.

Unfortunately, it did not work for some of the other apps. So I had to change my approach by starting from scratch on a new VM, preparing the certificates after the installation and proceeding with the configuration of SSL in the configuration wizard.

Thanks for your help.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@ghassanzghaib  - Unfortunately your experience reinforces the importance of getting the design of your SAS infrastructure as complete as possible before installation. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation