BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Edwin_de_Jong
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey All,

I do have a problem with the Scheduling Manager in the Management Console.

I deleted a flow without unscheduling it. It is triggered by a dropfile and still runs on the Distributed in-process servers scheduling server, without being available in the scheduling manager.

Is there any way I can see what is currently scheduled by the scheduling manager? And how can I removed this object with rescheduling all flows?

Edwin

10 REPLIES 10
Clark
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

In my environment, we use Platform Process Manager's Flow Manager to view flows (and their progress) that are either scheduled or submitted once.

If you have this, you are then able to remove a scheduled flow from the batch scheduler.

However, when I delete a flow in Management Console it also will delete the flow but that's when I'm logged in as the same user.

MadhuKiran1
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,

Did you unscheduled the flow before you remove it from SMC?.

Removing from SMC without unschedule doesn't remove the scheduled instance from scheduler.in such case, it would keep on executing on scheduled time.

Edwin_de_Jong
Fluorite | Level 6

I indeed forgot to unschedule this flow. 

Do you know how I can remove this flow? Do I need to create a flow with exactly the same name or is there somewhere registration which I can change?

Edwin

MadhuKiran1
Obsidian | Level 7
The easier way to do this is, login to SMC using admin credentials and recover the metadata object(removed flow) and unschedule it.

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Also, you can log into Flow Manager as the LSF Admin account, find the flow definition, right-click on it and select "Remove Flow".
Edwin_de_Jong
Fluorite | Level 6

We are not running on LSF but on the distributed in process scheduler of SAS itself and I don't think we have the Flow manager.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Edwin_de_Jong, Edwin,

I don't think you have an easy task in front of you. This scheduler is a java-based one, and I could not find documentation on how to access the insides of this scheduler.

Perhaps you could try to clean up your gemfire/data folder, it might help with cleaning the messaging service, but not sure. Did you already tried to open a ticket at SAS Technical Support?

edwindejong
Calcite | Level 5

I actually found a solution to this problem.

Use either sas EG or commandline to run this command to talk directly to the scheduler:

. /opt/apps/fris/sas/pm/conf/profile.js; jremove -u lsfuser <flowname>

Quentin
Super User
Congrats. Good on you for coming back after 3 years to post a solution! If you still have access to the account you used to create the question, I encourage you to mark your answer as accepted.
BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@edwindejong  - Your answer implies you are using LSF but above you say you aren't using it. Which is correct? If you are using LSF then Flow Manager is the easy way to delete flows.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 in conversation