BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shriramwasule
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to run ad-hoc backup for my sas-viya env, but when I am running the job for it ,it is getting failed after some time and I am getting following errors:

we are using external Postgres (i.e RDS)  not getting why we are getting such error.

{"level":"error","version":1,"source":"sas-backupjob","messageKey":"backupjob-log-icu.backup.agent.error.log","messageParameters":{"logs":"exit status 1","sourceType":"postgres"},"properties":{"logger":"backupjob/handler","caller":"handler/backup.go:443"},"timeStamp":"2023-08-11T05:53:52.824796+00:00","message":"The backup agent encountered an error for the \"postgres\" data source. Details: exit status 1"}

and another error is,

{"level":"error","version":1,"source":"sas-backupjob","messageKey":"backupjob-log-icu.backup.occurred.error.log","messageParameters":{"err":"The job failed for data sources: (DataSource: sas-scheduled-backup-job1 SourceType: postgres)"},"properties":{"logger":"backupjob/handler","caller":"handler/backup.go:239"},"timeStamp":"2023-08-11T05:53:57.858794+00:00","message":"An error occurred. Details: The job failed for data sources: (DataSource: sas-scheduled-backup-job1 SourceType: postgres)"}

our deployment is on AWS environment and we are using external Postgres (i.e RDS)

can anyone suggest what can be the possible reasons for getting such error and if there is any solution fir it..

Shriramwasule_0-1691752191362.png

You can see in the above image all the ad-hoc job got failed, I checked for logs and and I got same errors in that too. 

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This detail shows that the backup process failed to backup the postgres database. The files inside the backup PVC might have some more detail. You may want to engage SAS Technical Support for more assistance here.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Shriramwasule
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,
Thanks for the reply,
today i tried again to run for ad-hoc backup, but for the first time it ran and got completed, but when I made few changes in like added LDAP configuration and then I tried to take ad-hoc backup again it got failed.. i don't understand whats happening there.
also can you please tell me how can I access files inside backup PVC?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

You could start a generic pod like busybox and mount the backup PVC to it. Inside each dated directory is a __default__/postgres directory with a log from the dump attempt.

$ kubectl -n viya run --rm -it busybox --overrides='{"apiVersion":"v1","spec":{"volumes":[{"name":"backup","persistentVolumeClaim":{"claimName":"sas-common-backup-data"}}],"containers":[{"name":"busybox","image":"busybox","stdin":true,"stdinOnce":true
,"tty":true,"volumeMounts":[{"mountPath":"/sasviyabackup","name":"backup"}]}]}}' --image=busybox --restart=Never
If you don't see a command prompt, try pressing enter.
/ #
/ #
/ # ls sasviyabackup/
2023-07-18T13_00_14_614_0700 2023-07-25T13_00_19_619_0700 2023-08-01T13_00_13_613_0700 2023-08-08T13_00_14_614_0700
/ # ls sasviyabackup/2023-07-18T13_00_14_614_0700/__default__/postgres/
SharedServices_pg_dump.dmp SharedServices_pg_dump.log status.json
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation