BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Blueshore
Fluorite | Level 6

Migrated SAS 9.4 to Windows 10 server.  

Keep getting this error when trying to assign a libname to an ODBC source.  

The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

As far as I know the admin has set up the ODBC 64bit driver.

Is there something else that has to be done? 

11 REPLIES 11
ballardw
Super User

Make sure where the LIBNAME executes has the proper version of the drivers as well as the source.

Be default a LIBNAME expects to be able to write to the destination. Does your ODBC setup include write functionality? It might be setting for the specific source. ODBC settings are very much connection specific in the Windows world (haven't used ODBC anywhere else so not sure) so make sure that you understand the settings and reference the correct connection.

Blueshore
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes, a couple of the ODBC connections are read/write. They worked fine in the old Win 7 environment. If I recall, there is some setting in SAS that needs to be adjusted beyond the Windows Registries.
ballardw
Super User

Any ODBC data source name likely needs to be completely redefined. And the features of the drivers have very likely changed from Windows 7 to 10. Are any other programs able to access the ODBC source(s)? If not, then I would start with the definitions.

Then you get into the specific LIBNAME options which can depend on the specific ODBC source. So maybe some more details are in order.

Blueshore
Fluorite | Level 6
I'll see if we can set-up some other connection via ODBC to test it. The Driver set-up source test does return "success"... but have not tried an actual ODBC connection yet.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What bitness is your SAS 9.4? It must be the same as your ODBC drivers.

Blueshore
Fluorite | Level 6
Great question! Passing it along to the admin.
Blueshore
Fluorite | Level 6
Sysinit returns:
Operating System: WX64_WKS.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Looks like bitness matches, but there is still an architectural difference with your ODBC driver. I'd raise the error with your SAS administrator. I assuming here that your SAS runs on a remote Windows server.

Blueshore
Fluorite | Level 6

ODBC is now working.

Thanks to all for the direction.  Creating the registry entries for ODBC was all that was needed (something that was apparently not done).  It seems that ODBC calls assume default settings when those are not defined.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my experience, installing the ODBC driver would update the registry but perhaps there was some permissions issue preventing this.

Blueshore
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes. The installer probably came across issues with permissions. I'll check with that team. I think they were trying to clone it from an existing server, but may have used the wrong set of keys. I manually updated the registers for my most critical sources. I'll leave the rest to IT. 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation