BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Rita
Calcite | Level 5

We are using SAS Management Console Schedule Manager and have applied ALL hotfixes for this tool; however, we are still unable to save email info when you right click on the Flow name and click on Properties > Attributes.  It will look like it accepts your checkboxes and email info.  You click ok.  Wait a few minutes or don't, log off and back on, or don't....it does NOT save the changes.  We have had an open case with SAS on this issue for nearly 30 days.  If anyone knows of a solution for this, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Rita Towns

rita.towns@neovialogistics.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of SAS are you using and which scheduler and version?

We are using SAS 9.4M2 and LSF / Platform Process Manager 9.1. With this combination we find that job flow properties are not updated, including email, if you change an existing job, it keeps using the previous propoerties. Our workaround is to delete the deployed jobs on the flow and then add them again, then refresh Server Manager by right clicking on it and selecting Refresh.

We have tracked this issue to SAS and they have confirmed it is a known problem what will be fixed in a later release

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What version of SAS are you using and which scheduler and version?

We are using SAS 9.4M2 and LSF / Platform Process Manager 9.1. With this combination we find that job flow properties are not updated, including email, if you change an existing job, it keeps using the previous propoerties. Our workaround is to delete the deployed jobs on the flow and then add them again, then refresh Server Manager by right clicking on it and selecting Refresh.

We have tracked this issue to SAS and they have confirmed it is a known problem what will be fixed in a later release

Rita
Calcite | Level 5

We have 9.4m3 and Scheduler 9.1.3.

I have a ticket open with SAS and R&D is looking at it.  I will try your workaround and let you know.

Thanks!

Rita

Rita
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks so much!!!!

I really appreciate your help.  Hopefully SAS provides a more permanent solution soon!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm pleased the workaround works for you. Please update this track if you hear any more news from SAS Tech Support.

Rita
Calcite | Level 5

i have since discovered this fix only works sometimes...not quite sure why.  I am continuing to work with SAS Tech Support on this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation