BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wimpiel
Calcite | Level 5

Any ideas will be helpfull!

We are upgrading our current Windows SAS 9.3 server to a Linux 9.4 environment.  At the moment I use a Windows based scheduling application which starts a SAS job on the SAS server using the following command line:

c:\psexec \\[servername] -s "D:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\sas.exe" -SASUSER 'F:\SASUSER\SchedulerSAS\' -SET MYSASFILES 'F:\SASUSER\Scheduler\' -autoexec "\\[file_server path]\ci_autoexec.sas" -sysin "[file_server path]\PROGRAM_Process.sas" -work "W:\SASWORK\Lev1" -log "S:\Scheduler\LOG"

I assume this will not work on our new Linux environment?

Thanks in advance for any sugestions

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What is your scheduling application and is there a version that works on Linux? Note that Linux has the CRON scheduler as part of the operating system and you could use that as an alternative. The SAS batch options are the same under Linux except you obviously need to change Windows paths to Linux ones.

You may also wish to consider a more automated approach to scheduling. SAS has scheduling capabilities available in SAS Management Console which are particularly useful if you have the LSF scheduler included in your SAS 9.4 installation.  

wimpiel
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the feedback.  

At the moment I just need to continue as is as the scheduler handles non-SAS tasks as well and will investigate other schedulers in the future.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation