BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
raj231
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, when I try to expand SASApp in SAS Enterprise Guide I get the below error:

[Error] Unable to create class instance
[Error] Encountered error when the V9 engine tried to determine if WORK has a registered secured library object location
[Error] User does not have appropriate authorization level for library WORK

I have given required privileges and temporary work files are also getting created when the session is started in SAS Enterprise Guide.

Am I missing something here?
10 REPLIES 10
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

Let us start with some basic questions. 

What version of SAS are you using? EG and Platform?

One quick thing you can try is recreating the metadata profile.

Thanks

raj231
Obsidian | Level 7
SAS version 9.4 M7; EG 7.15; Windows
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

The versions look good! 🙂 

Have you tried recreating the metadata profile? 

Also, please double-check security on the O\S work folders.

Carmine

raj231
Obsidian | Level 7
That does not work even after creating profile in metadata again.
CarmineVerrell
SAS Employee

Just curious are you completely closing down EG in between your tests.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

How are you entering your credentials into the EG profile? If you are using the IWA option, try entering your userid and password instead. If that doesn't help try adding your Windows domain in front of your userid like so: DomainName\userid.

If none of those help, then try remotely logging into the SAS Compute server with the problematic userid and open Windows Explorer, then navigate to the SAS WORK folder. Try manually creating a new test directory in the WORK folder and add a test file to it. Are you able to do this? 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Is there any secured library associated to your ID as well? There could be same issues with permission related to those files usually placed under your home directory. 

Can you also check if you are able to launch a SAS session from CMD line directly to see if the issue is really due to metadata connection?

raj231
Obsidian | Level 7
The working directory for me is getting created in the work and the connection to Metadata is working fine and profile is active. But only when we try to run any Proc or data step from SAS Enterprise Guide it says cannot connect to SASApp could not establish and similarly when trying to expand SASApp by clicking on + it gives the same error. All privileges looks fine but this is the error that recurs during the login
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please check if your userid has logon as batch job privileges. If that doesn't help then I'd suggest opening a track with SAS Tech Support to get faster progress on your problem.

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Right! So there are a lot of things that are read when a workspace session is spawned. It could be items in your autoexec file, user_mods file on application context, pre-defined libraries are checked and assigned etc..

So to better understand what is causing this issue either enable the workspace server logs at server side or try launching it via cmd line using <-path-to-workspace-server>/WorkspaceServer.sh -nodms and see if you get any errors. Share the error log if possible. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation