BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
senu188
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

when i right click the SASApp - Workspace Server, it is asking for user name and password . In my password list there is specific password used for ObjectsSpawner ID. when i use that i geeting an error . in the services also i should change local  to ObjectsSpawner account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

To be able to logon remotely the account would need the permission to RDP to that server. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @senu188 

To validate a workspace server you can use any account that is configured to use SAS i.e. account should exist on local server or AD if PAM is enabled, should be in SAS Management console and with a home directory.

While I don't understand fully your question regarding changing object spawner account, usually object spawner service is started using the SAS installer account and workspace is validated using any valid SAS account as stated above, ex: sasdemo.

senu188
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

i validated worksapce server with sassrv account .  Iam trying to change the olap server to neoobspsvc2 ,it is popuping to restart the services, but when i tried to restrat it is not accepting . any other way to change or what action to take?

senu188_0-1607949683849.png

senu188_1-1607949693921.png

senu188
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Yes user name and password is corrrect. When i enter it is accepted,when i restart the services to make effective ,it is saying password wrong.the user is addded in "Logon as Batch Job", but no luck . 

TeTe
Calcite | Level 5
hi.
Check if you don't use any of restricted special characters in password.
The password can contain a mix of alphanumeric and most special characters, except a single quotation mark (‘), a double quotation mark (“), the at symbol (@) , or the exclamation point (!) .

https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=bicdc&cdcVersion=9.4&docsetId=bimtag&docsetTarget=p1wm2vva6wgsy...
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

You can check the Windows Event Viewer to see if there is any additional information. Note you may need to grant additional privileges for an account to be able to run a service.

Note: In most cases, an object spawner on Windows runs as a service under the local system account. If the spawner instead runs under some other account, that account must be a Windows administrator on the spawner's host and have the Windows user rights Adjust memory quotas for a process, Replace a process level token, and Act as part of the Operating System. These user rights assignments are part of the local security policy for the Windows computer that hosts the spawner.

Source: SAS 9.4 Administration - Windows Privileges

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
senu188
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

Thanks for reply . it is SAS [Config-Lev1] SASApp - OLAP Server , not object spawner
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, the note I mentioned applied to the Object Spawner service which you mentioned in your initial post. Did the event viewer provide any additional detail on the logon failure? Does that user have the privilege to Log on as a Service? Typically this is added when you specify the user as a service owner automatically but it may be worth confirming.
--
senu188
Quartz | Level 8
hi,

it logged with service account
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I assume the service works as expected when using the local system account, correct?
--
senu188
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

yes SAS [Config-Lev1] SASApp - OLAP Server works with local system. can i know why NEOOBSPSVC Id is used instead of local?
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Using something other than Local System is optional so this is a choice you are making.

If I had to guess why, I would say it may be so your OLAP Server can access data on a shared file system that the Local System account does not have permission to access, or that your security policy requires it.

If everything works with local system, the issue must be with what you are entering. Either the user/pass is entered incorrectly or the host otherwise cannot validate that user/pass seems to be what typically produces that message. Are you able to log in to that host with that user/password combination?

--
senu188
Quartz | Level 8
Hi,

thanks for the explanation . I tried to login to server with the help remote desktop, but iam not able to login even i added to active diectory server.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Are you getting an authentication error when you try to log in (i.e. username or password is incorrect)? You may wish to engage your system administrator to determine why that host cannot authenticate that user.
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation